Apply Online At:
Public Works Road Supervisor - Public Works - $45,906-$61,973 Annually DOE
Young, AZ - Full Time
- The purpose of this job is to provide a safe and accessible roadway system and to improve the County Maintained Roadway system. This position assesses, assigns resources to, and oversees execution of road maintenance tasks and road safety. This position also ensures all safety policies and procedures are followed.
- This position occasionally assigns other activities to other employees.
- Provides recommendations on scheduling work hours of employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and schedules assigned road construction/maintenance operations and activities; supervises and trains assigned personnel; provides instructions and monitors work; coordinates employee time reporting and leave requests; assesses the performance of assigned personnel; ensures compliance with departmental policies, procedures and safety regulations; plans and assigns jobs to road maintenance crew; supervises road maintenance crew; maintains daily log on employee work activity and work completed. May operate heavy and small engine equipment including bulldozers, backhoes, and loaders.
- Orders and/or collects materials and supplies.
- Monitors worksites for compliance with safety standards and regulations; ensures the provision of appropriate safety equipment for personnel; ensures utilities are marked and/or clear from equipment; develops, implements, and monitors traffic control plans for work projects.
- Trains personnel and documents progress involving trucks and equipment operation training.
- Responds and assembles crew to respond to emergency situations such as, fire, floods, and snow.
- Maintains water and bladder sites all over the area for the purpose of fire suppression.
- Responds to inquiries and issues from the public, utility companies and vendors; investigates and resolves issues accordingly.
Minimum Education Required
- High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Years of Directly Related Experience Required
- Five years roadway maintenance and construction experience, including lead experience; or equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.
Professional Credentials Required
- A valid Class A Commercial Driver's License with Tanker Endorsement. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing.
Gila County Employment: