Apply Online At:
Public Health Nurse Coordinator - Health and Emergency - $69,973-$87,466
Globe - Full Time
The purpose of this position is to oversee all nurses, nurse practioners, nursing intership student/employee, and medical assistants. Responsibilities include managing and rotating schedules, assessing nurse performance, organizing nursing programs, and developing strategies to optimize procedures. This position is responsible for the preparation and execution of orientation and training plans for all clinical staff; monitors clinical staff for compliance with facility policies and practices, procedures, and Quality Improvement (QI) Program (hazardous waste, bloodborne pathogens, infection control). Oversees the maintaining of proper inventory levels and cost containment. Ensures compliance with Arizona State Licensing, Arizona Administrative Code, OSHA regulations, HIPPA, Federally funded Vaccine for Children (VFC) and Vaccine for Adults (VFA). This position provides public health nursing services to community members.
- Regularly assigns work to other employees and supervises related activities.
- Provides recommendations on employee training; promotions; employee coaching; evaluating employee performance; granting time off; scheduling work hours of employees and hiring new employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises a multidisciplinary team including professional, para-professional support staff, nursing students and interns. Plans and organizes staffing for clinics. Conducts clinical skill checks for proper technique, procedure, and documentation.
- Evaluates compliance with internal, State and Federal licensing regulations. Follows medical standing orders to ensure proper healthcare is provided to patients. Ensures outpatient policies and procedures is up to date and meets the required State of Arizona licensing code. Monitors staff for compliance with facility policies and practices, procedures, and quality improvement.
- Provides employee orientation and performance management. Reviews new nursing standards and regulations and coordinates staff training/in-service requirements. Audits patient charts for timeliness and accuracy of all clinical processes including but not limited to immunizations, family planning, and STI testing and treatment. Participates in professional committees and work groups to develop and promote best practices.
- Provides public health nursing services. Oversees proper inventory procedures are utilized to ensure cost containment.
Minimum Education Required
Minimum Years of Directly Related Experience Required
- Three years experience directly related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Professional Credentials Required
Licensed Registered Nurse licensure issued by the Arizona Board of Nursing, CPR Certification from the American Heart Association and the Red Cross. Must have current fingerprint card.
Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
For information regarding Gila County Employment: