Apply Online At:
Justice Court Clerk - Payson Justice Court - $35,529-$44,441 Annually
Payson, AZ - Full Time
The purpose of this position is to facilitate the process of new case filings in the court. Assisting with customer service over the phone or in person. Processing mail, motions and completing other procedures as required for case management. Customer assistance more detailed in nature relating to civil matters, orders of protection, injunctions of harassment and forcible detainers. Assisting criminal clerk with sentencing more detailed in nature for criminal cases requiring fine and surcharge details
This position processes incoming cases and orders, maintains files, provides customer service and provides backup assistance as a criminal clerk.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides customer service, provides policy and procedural answers to questions relating to civil issues and traffic cases on the phone or in person.
- Maintains filing system, processes department mail including motions and other filings related to case processing and management. Issues correspondence, reviews files, determines best procedure as needed.
- Processes incoming civil cases, small claims cases, orders of protection, injunctions against harassment and forcible detainers. As well as traffic cases with some criminal entry.
- Provides backup as criminal clerk, processing criminal and traffic payments and helping train new clerks.
Minimum Education Required
- High School Diploma or GED with additional specialized education or technical training courses.
Minimum Years of Directly Related Experience Required
- One year court clerk experience and knowledge of case processing systems; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Professional Credentials Required
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License if position duties require.
For information regarding Gila County Employment: