Payson Justice Court > Justice Court Clerk
JOBS REMAINS OPEN UNTIL FILLED
$29,247 - $40,214 DOE
Facilitate the process of new case filings in the court. Assisting with customer service over the phone or in person. Processing mail, motions and completing other procedures as required for case management. Customer assistance more detailed in nature relating to civil matters, orders of protection, injunctions of harassment and forcible detainers. Assisting criminal clerk with sentencing more detailed in nature for criminal cases requiring fine and surcharge details. This position processes incoming cases and orders, maintains files, provides customer service and provides backup assistance as a criminal clerk.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: High School Diploma or GED
MINIMUM YEARS OF DIRECTLY RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: One (1) year court clerk experience and knowledge of case processing systems or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Read the complete job description
apply online, or download the application PDF
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TIME SPENT
• Provides customer service, provides policy and procedural answers to questions relating to civil issues and traffic cases on the phone or in person. 60%
• Maintains filing system, processes department mail including motions and other filings related to case processing and mangement. Issues correspondence, reviews files, determines best procedure as needed. 20%
• Processes incoming civil cases, small claims cases, orders of protection, injunctions against harassment and forcible detainers. As well as traffic cases with some criminal entry. 10%
• Provides backup as criminal clerk, processing criminal and traffic payments and helping train new clerks. 10%
• Performs other duties as assigned.
ORAL COMMUNICATION DUTIES
This position trains colleagues, explains County procedures or processes and responds to public inquiries.
WRITTEN COMMUNICATION DUTIES
This position creates or edits documents, internal memos, emails, formal letters and reports. Writes basic correspondence to customers,
prepares forms for files and copies for customers.
INTERACTIONS WITH THE GENERAL PUBLIC
Interacts extensively with employees, customers, the general public, vendors, regulatory bodies, and other groups and/or individuals and
Institutions over the telephone, by email, and/or in person.
INTERACTIONS SPECIFICALLY WITH CUSTOMERS
Always (More than 85% in a year)