Apply Online At:
Road Maintenance and Equipment Operator - Public Works - $34,610-$47,589 Annually DOE
Young, AZ - Full Time
- The purpose of this position is to perform semi-skilled work in the construction, repair and maintenance of roads, right-of-ways, auxiliary structures, and secondary roads; operate various types of construction equipment in accordance with safety regulations and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates road construction and maintenance equipment including front end loaders, backhoes, bulldozers, motor graders, paving machines, street sweepers and compactors, in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures.
- Grades roads, paves roads, replace asphalt, patches and repairs roads, clean roadways and sweeps streets.
- Maintains ditches and culverts including removing debris from ditches, installing culverts, and ensuring the efficient flow of culverts.
- Performs manual labor assignments as needed, including fire control, accident and hazardous materials cleanup, guardrail and foliage maintenance and debris removal; cuts and removes brush and trees impacting roadways as required.
- Follows safety regulations on all work zone and flagging sites, including placing barricades and cones; performs emergency road services in relation to fires, floods, and roadway inspection.
- Hauls materials and transports vehicles and equipment to jobsites using various trucks and transporters.
- Inspects, cleans, and performs routine operational check on trucks and heavy equipment.
- Performs traffic control activities including setting up signs and flagging traffic.
- May perform emergency road services in relation to snow removal, flood damage repair, rockslides, and fires.
Minimum Education Required
- High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Years of Directly Related Experience Required
- Three years’ experience in road construction and maintenance and operation of related equipment; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Professional Credentials Required
- A valid Arizona Class B Commercial Driver's License is required. Within the first three months of employment, a valid Arizona Class A Commercial Driver's License with Tanker Endorsement must be obtained.
- This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing.
Gila County Employment: