A Town of Payson application is required to be submitted directly to the Town of Payson Human Resources Department.
For a complete job description and more information about the application process, please visit: https://www.paysonaz.gov/departments/internal-services/human-resources/employment-opportunities
Pension, Paid Time Off, Paid Training!
Minimum starting: $20 Trainee, $22 Lateral.
The fundamental reason this classification exists is to perform the full scope of duties of a Public Safety Telecommunicator in the areas of answering 911 calls, dispatching fire and emergency medical services, or dispatching police services. Duties include: receiving calls from the public; evaluating the calls for proper action; and initiating Police or Fire response by obtaining information required for dispatching field units. An employee in this class dispatches messages and calls by voice and computer to police or fire units and to maintain radio contact with mobile units.
• Must pass an extensive history screening process as required by Arizona Criminal Justice Information Network.
• Must be able to pass a thorough background investigation as stated in department policy.
• Must pass a hearing and physical examination.
• Ability to type 40 wpm with an accuracy rate of at least 90%.
• Successful applicants must live within a thirty (30) minute response time, or be willing to relocate within a period of one year from date of employment.
• Must be able to work irregular hours such as holidays, nights and weekends.
Education and Experience:
• Graduation from high school or GED equivalent, supplemented by training in modern office procedures, methods, and computer equipment.
• Six (6) months experience as a 911 Radio Dispatcher
• Some experience operating a radio, computer equipment, or other communication equipment is highly desirable.
• Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications & Licenses:
• Possession of, or must be able to obtain within six (6) months, a Terminal Operator’s Certification issued by ACJIS.
• Must maintain certifications throughout the course of employment.
• Must obtain future certifications as required by governing authorities including the Town of Payson.
**PLEASE SEE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION FOR ALL QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS**