ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Selects, creates and assigns jury panels for trial and grand jury; pulls lists of prospective jurors for justice courts and provides eligible jurors with juror claim forms; issues juror vouchers; processes completed requests and submits for reimbursement; maintains register of payroll records.
· Processes jury questionnaires; enters questionnaire information into Jury Management System; notifies jurors by mail regarding temporary or permanent exemption; may follow up with individuals to get further information; generates report on individuals who did not return questionnaires to send further notices.
· Generates and sends summons to prospective jurors for weekly trials; prepares juror bibliographical forms to be included with summons; prints juror lists; makes arrangements for refreshments to be provided for prospective jurors.
· Processes and selects prospective jurors for State Grand Jury and maintains daily, monthly and yearly reports regarding jury trials and jury costs; prepares jury book and brochure for jurors; updates jury book as required; maintains jury related information on the Gila County website.
· May conduct research on Arizona Revised Statutes and Rules of Court to resolve juror related issues.
· Prepares and bills attorneys for jury fees ordered by judge; prepares civil judgments for jury costs; sends out letters and receipts monies for payment; prepares satisfactions of judgment for jury fees.
· Coordinates copies of documentation to be sent to relevant parties involved in civil trials; provides certified copies of documentation for recording by the Recorder’s Office.
· Coordinates with vendors regarding merging and updating of master jury list; acts as liaison with court personnel, judges, criminal justice agencies and other organizations; completes mandatory 16 hours of continuing education.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
High School Diploma or GED with additional specialized or technical training.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Five (5) years jury/legal clerical experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.