Apply Online At:
Mapping Technician - Assessor - $36,686-$45,858 Annually
Globe, AZ - Full Time
- The purpose of this position is to maintain an accurate visual record of property ownership that is easy for Gila County citizens to follow.
- This position maintains and achieves maps and records, provides customer service, conducts research, and fulfills requests by property owners, such as the processing of splits and combinations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes new property splits and combinations to create new parcel numbers as requested by customers either per deed, Record of Survey, or written request; researches deeds, legal descriptions, and other official documents to assist in verifying land titles before preparing maps; revises and updates map indexes; reviews and checks maps for accuracy and measurement of lots and boundaries; scans records of survey and plat maps; maintains various tables for maps and split and combination information; copies and sorts records of survey; makes large-scale copies for distribution; inputs data into appropriate tables and forms. Plans new splits and combines property parcels including subdivisions map books and the updating of property lines on Assessor's maps as a result of property transactions, road, and other realignment of tax area lines; assigns parcel numbers to subdivisions and splits.
- Uses CAD files, databases, and spreadsheets to compile and maintain accurate maps and property descriptions for the identification and assessment of property; researches recorded instruments, survey data, source maps, and photographs to determine accurate location and name of boundaries and other map features; checks for errors, and verifies accuracy; assists with the planning and prioritizing project work in consideration of deadlines and resources available to complete work; reviews all computerized drawings and maintains quality control standards. Maintains current parcel maps with accurate easement depictions; maintains and archives records of survey, subdivision plat maps and other maps.
- Provides customer service assistance in person and via telephone to the public, internet departments, outside agencies, title companies, appraisers, and realtors by providing information regarding surveys, boundaries, easements, property ownership, parcel numbers, acreage, instructions for accessing maps online, and breakdown for well information, roads and similar matters.
- Compiles and maintains a complete record of County tax district maps; updates realignment of taxing jurisdiction lines as approved by Arizona Department of Revenue; redraws and corrects boundary changes in district maps by reviewing the official records
Minimum Education Required
- High School Diploma or GED.
Minimum Years of Directly Related Experience Required
- Two years experience; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Professional Credentials Required
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License.
Gila County Employment: