Apply Online At:
911 Dispatcher - Sheriff's Office - $45,504-$50,670 Annually DOE
Globe, AZ - Full Time
- The purpose of this position is to respond to emergency and non-emergency calls for law enforcement, fire, and emergency services in compliance with County procedures to assure the safety of law enforcement officers, emergency services personnel and the public.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers incoming emergency and non-emergency calls; interviews callers and gathers details; prioritizes calls for service and determines appropriate personnel to respond; dispatches emergency responders; relays pertinent information to law enforcement and emergency services personnel in a concise, organized, and understandable manner.
- Enters and validates stolen vehicles and property; validates license plates and identities of missing and wanted persons.
- Enters calls for service in Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) System.
- Monitors and maintains status of patrol units and coordinates ambulances and helicopters.
- Operates emergency radio for Police, Fire, EMS, Probation, and other emergency responders contacts, Border Patrol Response Rescue Team, Forest Service Search and Rescue, and the Public Works Department when necessary.
- Runs confidential criminal histories; booking pawn and prisoner information for officers and detectives; enters warrant entry and orders of protection.
- Coordinates mutual aid as required; updates agencies that provide emergency response assistance.
Minimum Education Required
- High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Years of Directly Related Experience Required
- One year public safety dispatching experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Professional Credentials Required
- ACJIS TOC (terminal operator certification)
Gila County Employment: