Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of semi-skilled work involving mechanical, electrical, carpentry, and plumbing related to remodeling, maintenance, and repair of County buildings, building equipment and systems; assures compliance with applicable State and Local building and safety codes and standards. Also maintains landscaping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs building maintenance and minor remodeling tasks including electrical, plumbing, carpentry, drywall, plastering, masonry, roofing, insulation and painting.
· Performs regular preventative maintenance on County buildings and grounds including painting, sealing, and lube/oil of mechanisms and machinery; makes interior repairs that include installing and replacing locks, repairing faucets and toilets, clearing clogged drains and sewer lines.
· Makes exterior repairs including patching roofs/walls/ceilings, weatherproofing, repairing steps, concrete walkways, railing and fences.
· Provides assistance to County departments regarding special projects including storing files, removing old equipment and repairing items not assigned to Facilities and Land Management.
· May assist with the preventative maintenance and repair of HVAC systems, electrical installations and plumbing systems.
· Assists with remodeling activities including major modifications of County buildings and structures; may coordinate the work activities of inmate trustees.
· Completes required building maintenance documentation and reports including maintaining records of materials and equipment used; assists with paper recycling activities.
· Utilizes hand tools, small equipment, ladders and mechanical equipment to complete assignments; uses proper safety methods, procedures and follows safety practices in all work performed.
· Performs and coordinates landscaping activities.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
High School Diploma or GED
MINIMUM YEARS OF DIRECTLY RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Two (2) years building or grounds maintenance experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.