Regularly assigns work to other employees and supervises related activities.
Makes final decisions on hiring employees; scheduling work hours of employees; evaluating performance of employees; handling employee grievances; employee training; granting time off; employee promotions; employee coaching; managing assistants and managing supervisors. Provides recommendations on employee salary increases; employee disciplinary actions and discharging employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Leads, manages, mentors and appraises staff in order to provide a fiscally responsible, effective and efficient facility management service to the County building complexes.
· Determines strategic goals, in alignment with the County Strategic Plan, for the Facility Management Division and determines operational priorities for the upkeep, maintenance, repair, remodel and construction of all building facilities in the County.
· Manages new construction in order to meet facility objectives, budget compliance and timely delivery.
· Interacts and coordinates with Board of Supervisors, County leadership, directors and managers within the County to identify facility-related needs and to proritize the implementation of the facility-related improvements.
· Prepares and presents the annual budget for County-wide facility management needs to include next fiscal year and a 5-year outlook.
· Oversees the building access security program for the County and other safety/environmental programs.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
MINIMUM YEARS OF DIRECTLY RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Five (5) years building trades experience at the journeyman level including two (2) years administration/supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Valid Arizona Driver’s License.
Performs other duties as assigned.