Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this position is to provide Gila County employees with safe, functioning vehicles and equipment. This position performs repairs to and overhauls vehicles and equipment, operates tools, and ensures the work space is clean and safe.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Overhauls automobiles, heavy and light trucks, heavy and light construction equipment, other vehicles, small gasoline engines and similar equipment.
· Performs major and minor repairs to vehicles and equipment; records service information.
· Operates a variety of hand, power and shop tools, bridge crane and forklift.
· Fabricates, modifies and repairs vehicles and equipment using gas and arc welding equipment.
· Performs cleaning duties and safety checks.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
High School Diploma or GED.
MINIMUM YEARS OF DIRECTLY RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Four (4) years directly related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS REQUIRED
A valid Arizona Class B Commercial Driver’s License with Tanker Endorsement is required or must be obtained within six (6) months of employment. Hazmat Endorsement must be obtained within twelve (12) months of employment. Position is subject to drug and alcohol testing.