Apply Online At:
Recycling and Landfill Operations Supervisor - Public Works - $50,066-$62,583
Globe, AZ - Full Time
The purpose of this position is to ensure solid waste is managed in such a way as to protect both public health and the environment.
This position supervises and directs solid waste employees, activities, and programs involved in the enforcement of the EPA and ADEQ regulations on solid waste collection for contained and uncontained refuse. The position supervises employees, operates bulldozers, constructs roads, participates in equipment maintenance and performs other related duties. This position ensures all safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Regularly assigns work to other employees and supervises related activities.
- Provides recommendations on scheduling work hours of employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises and schedules work of machine and equipment operators, scalehouse attendants and inmates to meet environmental regulations; builds refuse lifts and covers dirt to engineered prescribed grade.
- Performs bulldozer digging and pushing of dirt; operates auger scraper for landfill cover.
- Ensures inmates separate recycling products and avoid dumping hazardous waste.
- Constructs roads for public access to dumping, maintains berms and drainage, and completes SWPPP (water runoff) reports.
- Schedules transfer truck operation in recycling bin pick up and hauling to recycler.
- Runs pumps for leachate pumping, performs environmental tests for pond leak detection, completes reports and waste screening inspection reports.
- Participates in maintenance and repair of heavy equipment.
- Provides support for recycling and diversion programs and community services projects.
- Trains employees in safety and procedures, including equipment operation.
Minimum Education Required
- High school diploma or GED.
Minimum Years of Directly Related Experience Required
- Four years experience; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Professional Credentials Required
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License; incumbents must comply with Arizona Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) requirements. Must possess and maintain an Arizona Class B CDL (Heavy Equipment Operator License). Incumbents in this position are subject to drug and alcohol testing.
For information regarding Gila County Employment: