PLEASE USE CDL/DRIVERS APPLICATION
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this position is to perform semi-skilled work in the construction, repair and maintenance of roads, right-of-ways, auxiliary structures, and secondary roads; operate various types of construction equipment in accordance with safety regulations and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Operates road construction and maintenance equipment including front end loaders, backhoes, bulldozers, motor graders, paving machines, street sweepers and compactors, in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures.
· Grades roads, paves roads, replace asphalt, patches and repairs roads, clean roadways and sweeps streets.
· Maintains ditches and culverts including removing debris from ditches, installing culverts and ensuring the efficient flow of culverts.
· Performs manual labor assignments as needed, including fire control, accident and hazardous materials cleanup, guardrail and foliage maintenance and debris removal; cuts and removes brush and trees impacting roadways as required.
· Follows safety regulations on all work zone and flagging sites, including placing barricades and cones; performs emergency road services in relation to fires, floods and roadway inspection.
· Hauls materials and transports vehicles and equipment to jobsites using various trucks and transporters.
· Inspects, cleans and performs routine operational check on trucks and heavy equipment.
· Performs traffic control activities including setting up signs and flagging traffic.
· May perform emergency road services in relation to snow removal, flood damage repair, rockslides, and fires.
· Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
High School Diploma or GED
MINIMUM YEARS OF DIRECTLY RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Three (3) years’ experience in road construction and maintenance and operation of related equipment; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS REQUIRED
A valid Arizona Class B Commercial Driver’s License is required. Within the first three months of employment, a valid Arizona Class A Commercial Driver’s License with Tanker Endorsement must be obtained.
This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing.