Apply Online At:
Vehicle and Equipment Mechanic Senior - Public Works - $37,795-$51,969 Annually DOE
Star Valley, AZ - Full Time
- The purpose of this position is to provide Gila County employees with safe, functioning vehicles and equipment. This position performs repairs to and overhauls vehicles and equipment, operates tools, and ensures the work space is clean and safe.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs major and minor repairs to vehicles and equipment.
- Overhauls automobiles, heavy and light trucks, heavy and light construction equipment, other vehicles, small gasoline engines and similar equipment.
- Operates a variety of hand, power, and shop tools.
- Performs cleaning duties and safety checks.
Minimum Education Required
- High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Years of Directly Related Experience Required
- Four years' experience; or equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.
Professional Credentials Required
- A valid Arizona Class B Commercial Driver's License with Tanker Endorsement is required or must be obtained within six months of employment. Hazmat Endorsement must be obtained within 12 months of employment; Arizona Class A with Tanker Endorsement preferred.
Gila County Employment: