Apply Online At:
Detention Medical Director - Sheriff's Office Detention Health - $76,187-$100,948 Annually DOE
Payson, AZ - Full Time
- The purpose of this position is to promote the health and wellbeing of inmates and to provide appropriate medical care. This position supervises and manages the department, provides patient care and responds to emergencies, and provides health and wellness education to inmates and staff. The role provides staff training and acts as a liaison between medical and detention staff. The position also maintains the supplies inventory.
- Regularly assigns work to other employees and supervises related activities.
- Makes final decisions on scheduling work hours of employees; evaluating performance of employees; handling employee grievances; employee training and granting time off.
- Provides recommendations on employee promotions; salary increases; disciplinary actions; employee coaching; managing assistants and managing supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises and manages medical department, including nursing and medical staff.
- Provides direct patient care for routine medical concerns, prescribes medications, and performs medical procedures.
- Reviews inmates' medical histories and prescriptions.
- Responds to medical emergencies and provides lifesaving skills to injured/sick patients. Promotes inmate health and wellness; educates inmates and staff about medical concerns.
- Provides training, including basic first aid and CPR, for medical, nursing and detention staff. Acts as liaison between medical staff and detention officers.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and medications.
Minimum Education Required
- Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathy, Nurse Practioner, or Physician's Assistant
Minimum Years of Directly Related Experience Required
- Ten years of medical administrative experience; County detention facilities experience preferred.
Professional Credentials Required
- Arizona State Medical License, Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certification.
Gila County Employment: