CITY OF GLOBE
PUBLIC WORKS WATER MAINTENANCE WORKER
Job Posting No. 21-16
The City of Globe is currently seeking applicants for a NON-EXEMPT (eligible for overtime) Grade 5 position in the Public Works Water Department. This position will perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled repairs and maintenance work, operate a variety of equipment in the construction, operation, repair, maintenance, and replacement of City water, sewer, street, City services and systems, and parks maintenance. May be assigned to other departments or duties depending on the City of Globe needs.
- High School diploma, GED, or similar work history and favorable references
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License
- 3 years or more experience relating to construction, maintenance, or repair
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License
- Considerable knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in maintenance, construction and repair activities
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time, including physical capability of doing heavy lifting
- Ability to work, on occasion, at all times of day or night, when directed, and ability to work in muddy and wet conditions, if warranted by the assigned tasks
- Must be able to pass drug screen, physical exam, and background check
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments, and the public
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, in writing and computer skills
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions
- Ability to work responsibly independently and on teams
- Ability and willingness to perform other duties as assigned
- This position is subject to a probationary period of one (1) year
- Maintain ADEQ water certificates
- Must obtain a valid state driver’s license at the time of hire date
- Ability to obtain a CDL certification
- Proficient knowledge in medium equipment operation and safety procedures
- Proficient knowledge and executing traffic control plans.
- Ability to complete and maintain required training and certifications in MUTCD (Federal Highway Standards for Traffic Control) and Signage and Striping
- Proficient knowledge in heavy equipment operation and safety procedures
The City of Globe offers a stable and professional work environment allowing motivated individuals an opportunity learn, grow and advance.
STARTING SALARY: $14.77- $16.28 per hour depending on experience, qualifications and work history. Grade 5 May be tested after hire to confirm desired skill levels.
Benefits: Generous, low-cost health care benefits and dependent care including dental, vision and life insurances, participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), paid vacation, sick and 11 paid holidays, and much more. For more information call Pam at 928-812-0466.
Applications and a complete job posting are available at City Hall, 150 N. Pine Street, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or on our website at www.globeaz.gov. Applications with any additional related information must be submitted at City Hall or by fax at (928) 425-4820 to be considered for first review on Friday, September 17, 2021 at 5:00 pm. Please respond to Job 21-16. EEO / H / V / A/A