- One year of Groundskeeper and/or laborer experience, preferred
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Current and valid driver’s license
The Groundskeeper is responsible for general maintenance and upkeep of the grounds. This position requires a degree of manual skill and physical effort. In addition, this position requires the use of hand tools and power tools including (but not limited to): lawn mowers (push or riding), rakes, axes, shovels, chain saws, hand buffers, hatchets, saws, hand tampers, and jackhammers. Work is performed both indoors and outdoors in all types of weather
- Maintains lawns, trees, bushes and shrubbery.
- Maintains refuse, and occasionally handles hazardous waste with the use of protective equipment.
- Assists the maintenance crew in tasks such as: plumbing, carpentry, pipefitting, electrical and the construction or demolition of walls, using various types of electrical or manual tools.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment, and directs any issues to supervisors for corrective action.
- Lifts and/or moves heavy objects, often weighing 100 pounds or more, by hand or by dolly. Opens crates or boxes using crowbars or shears. Stacks supplies and materials where directed.
- Digs ditches and trenches, performs grading and sloping, and fills and levels holes.
- Breaks up pavement or other hard surfaces.
- Removes snow/ice from walkways around the premises.
- Drives vehicles such as: ½ ton, to ¾ ton truck, 5 ton dump truck, front end loader, and back hoe.