We have an exciting new opportunity with Horizon Health and Wellness for a Supportive Services Specialist. The Supportive Services Specialist main purpose is to provide in-home and community support to individuals attempting to find or maintain independent housing in the community. This is includes providing training in the independent living skills needed to maintain a residence.
This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position that includes tasks or duties (i.e., driving) that the employer in good faith believes could affect the safety, health or reputation of the Agency, participants, the employee performing the task or others.
In all duties listed in the job description, the Supportive Services Specialist is responsible for support services to an assigned caseload and documenting services provided. This position also creates a positive experience for individuals served where Kindness Matters.
- HS diploma or GED; plus 4 years experience in BH or combined BH and education and experience with at least 1 year case management.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Possess valid drivers license with acceptable driving record, home telephone, and reliable transportation.
- Certification in first aid, CPR, and Crisis De-escalation training such as CPI.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to type and working knowledge/familiarity with computers and electronic clinical record keeping.
- Must obtain and maintain a fingerprint clearance card and pass a background check.
- Experience working in Integrated Healthcare, Behavioral Health, Residential or Housing.
- Advanced knowledge of cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Mental and Emotional
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to positively interact and develop rapport with mentally ill participants and their families, professional and support staff and various levels of staff from community agencies.
- Able to maintain a calm, non-defensive, supportive attitude during crisis or potential crisis situations.
- Long periods of sitting, ability to bend, lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Able to operate phone, Fax, copier, and a computer.
- Must be fully ambulatory and able to assist participants.
- Must be able to operate an Agency vehicle.